Saturday, February 1, 2014

Business Class

The business class lounge is a bright well lit room with wood floors, louvered ceiling, recessed lights, big windows, leather lounge chairs, high counters with stools, free coffee, beer, food, snacks - and people from all over the globe speaking a variety of languages - all sitting together in the Frankfurt Lufthansa lounge. Beer for breakfast?

Flight 491, nonstop from Seattle to Frankfurt.  My console seat changes to a lounge chair or a flat bed.  I sleep, wake up, push the massage button, go back to sleep.  The stewardess brought champagne before takeoff and a choice of wines after takeoff, and again with dinner.  I chose an excellent Riesling served from the bottle into a real glass.  For dinner I had a shrimp cocktail, cod with noodles, and a cheese plate for dessert, all served on real plates and silverware, on a white tablecloth.

After dinner I started a new book;  My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk.  The writing is great -  dense, heavy - a three month book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment