Thursday, January 16, 2014

Change of plans

Nonna and I worried a lot about the unrest in Bangkok and the threats to shut down the city, and at the same time Sarah is starting a new job here in Seattle and needs help watching Oran,  so in the end we decided to postpone our trip to Thailand until later in the year.

That left me with the fortuitous combination of four weeks with nothing planned and a lot of frequent flyer miles in my United account. After a few emails and inquiries online, I decided to fly to Germany for two weeks.  I will leave January 27 and spend my mini vacation visiting old friends, ones that I haven't seen for years. That will take care of New Year's resolution number five.

Now I have to start doing some planning to get ready for my trip. I can't take the same clothes to Germany as I was going to take to Thailand. But a large part of the fun of traveling is the preparation, so I'd better get busy getting prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment