Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Football

Usually I’m not much of a football fan, but last Sunday I spent the day at my son Colin’s house watching TV.   First we watched Denver play, and beat, New England.  It was a rather dull game in spite of all the hype, since the outcome was never really in doubt.

All afternoon I grazed on junk food - chips, guacamole, queso, hot wings, chili poppers, brownies, beer - it was great, delicious, the best part of the day, almost.

Then we watched Seattle play San Francisco for the National Conference championship.  Seattle didn’t play that well in the first half and I feared we might lose.  Almost everyone in Seattle seems to be a Seahawk fan, and if they lost I was afraid that everyone would be in a bad mood for weeks.  In the second half Seattle finally scored some points and took the lead, but the outcome was still in doubt up until the last twenty seconds of the game.  The more exciting the game got the more stress I felt; the more stress I felt the more hot wings and chili poppers I ate.  I wolfed down a ton of them.

It was a very enjoyable day, although probably not a healthy one.  My belly ached all night.



1 comment:

  1. I felt sorry for the toilets at work the next day... Now I know why they are called "poppers"!

    ReplyDelete